March 06, 2007

Tokyo Marathon 2007



It's taken a while for me to get round to blogging about this. I wanted to wait until I had all the photos from different people who managed to get a snap of me on the day.
Here they are: , or in a slideshow.
I really enjoyed the whole experience, despite the incessant rain and the pain of the last 10km. The enthusiastic crowds, comradeship with other runners and seeing friends and family on route and at the finish were all really special.
A huge shout goes out to my mate Sam who flew out from the UK to take part. Despite his PB time of 3h15, he stuck with me the whole way round, even when my legs gave way at 30km and it looked like I might not make it. Thanks to him I did, and the feeling when we finally crossed the finish line together at around 4h55 was amazing.

Until next year......

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Nonjatta said...

You`re running the wrong way!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

crikey jimmy, you look sweaty. nice!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger James Hart said...

buyo: yeah - impressive, isn't it, running 26.2 miles backwards ;-)
Rich: Sweaty? I wish; it's rain! It rained pretty much the whole time and I was very very cold!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home